How to tell if California car ?

Other than the possibly missing sticker on the hood, is there another way to tell if my 97 Camry is a California emissions car ?? Starting to have some really odd troubles with 02 sensors and DTC 1133's being thrown. My mechanic told me to find out for sure if it's a normal or Ca. car as there is some kind of extended warranty on the ECM's in 97-99 California cars...Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks !!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Blah

On my '94 there is a small rubber hose (tube) extending downward from a fitting off the air intake hose near the throttle body, on the firewall side present only on California cars.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

I have your answer (and its full of good news) in the Toyota group. Yes, you have a Cally car and this deal might be covered.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

A California car pulls badly to the left.

Reply to
Mark A

OK, but do these cars do not wobble during an earthquake?

Reply to
JH

They have a guvenator on them as well.

Reply to
Artfulcodger

LOL ;D

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Now, they waffle the rest of the year. ;D

Reply to
MDT Tech®

ANd right now, they sem to have no direction. Like the steering is all disconnected.

Reply to
MDT Tech®