Rear Defogger - radio static

Its a 2002 C230K Coupe. Basic symptom is bad static over the radio when the rear window defogger is engaged.
Dealership claims that its an expensive repair...basically have to
replace the entire rear window and something else? Sorry, can't recall the basic details, other than some comment that sounded like they were alluding to crosstalk interferance between the radio antenna that's in the rear window glass and the defogger's wiring.
While I'm no EE, I would suspect that it is either an intermittant connection someplace, or a switch relay that's going bad and making noise. I find it a bit hard to believe that the glass would have to be entirely replaced, unless there was some obvious damage to it somewhere.
-hh
Your model may have an antenna amplifier. Some of these had corrosion problems that resulted in a poor ground connection. Suggest you first exhaust that possibility before attacking the glass.
permission.
"-->> T.G. Lambach <<--" <"T.G. Lambach at NoHamorSpamcomcast.net"> wrote:

Thanks; it sounds like a likely possibility.
And I'm guessing, but Murphy's Law probably says that its not in the dash, but probably hidden somewhere in the back, in proximity to the antenna.
-hh
Suggest somewhere behind the back seat or to the side, that's IF there is one!
permission.