Replacing a lost key for 1990 300SE

When we bought our 1990 300SE it came (used) with only one key, and now I seem to have lost it. Our local dealer tells me the only way to get a new
one is to tow the car to the dealer and bring registration and ID.
I can get transportation to the dealer, but I'm not a fan of paying to have the car hauled or towed.
Anyone know if this is the "usual"solution? Thanks.
That person is wrong... All you need is your VIN number and the proof of ownership. No need to tow car to dealer.