lost key

we've lost the main key of our '93 civic, and have only the valet/service key. If we go to the honda dealer with the title & VIN, can they get us new keys?

Sulp

Reply to
Sulpicia

All you need is the key number. That came with the car; if you don't have all that from 13 years ago, then a quick dissasembly of the steering column to get to the ignition key will get you the key number.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

"Sulpicia" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Yep.

Actually, the valet key is identical to the main key, except the blank is thicker. You could just take the valet key to a hardware store and get them to cut you a new key using a normal blank, which will give you a new main key.

Reply to
TeGGeR®