Same problem with my 190D

I didn't think much of it, because it's more of an inconvenience with a workaround.
My MB's vents seem to be stuck on the forward defroster, which blows
hot air. I can change the settings and get air flowing through the main and floor vents, but I can't control temp, and the defroster gets air in any position. I don't think the blower's working, it seems to be on "vent" speed. In the winter, it's a blessing, but in the summer, we ride with windows down, even on the freeway.
As soon as my CD-ROM comes in, I plan to rip off the dashboard. Any suggestions on what to look for?