A "Why didn't I think of that?" moment

Dent removal with dry ice.

Conor

I reckon that will only work on simple dents. The kind without any distinct creases. That can be popped out by hand if you can get behind the panel. Not the sort of dent you get from shopping trolleys, car doors, etc, that have a definite impact point. Mike

Reply to
Mike G

First find your dry ice though. Easier said than done I think. I certainly recall it being around when I was a kid (usually for chilling foodstuffs being sent in unrefrigerated trucks) but I haven't seen any in years.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

industrial areas usually have a supplier, or look under theatrical supplies, or get a bottle of co2, you can even use an air duster upside down which will spray out liquid co2 quite well

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I got distracted by this one

maxi

I didn't see the shirt folding at all, I had to watch the whole thing again!

Reply to
Mrcheerful

CO2 does not exist as a liquid in normal conditions, that's why as a solid it's called "dry" ice. It sublimes straight to the gas phase.

I think you'll find you are getting butane out of the air duster!

Tony

Reply to
Tony Brett

Ahha that's because back then it wasn't considered a pollutant. Cars chucked out hydrocarbons, monoxides of a few sorts, but now, all they produce is carbon dioxide.

So it's probably been banned...

Reply to
DervMan

My daughter's fiesta some years ago had a dent in the door, and after a lot of pleading I agreed to have a go at it, even though I hate bodywork. So I spend ages getting all the bits off without damaging the various pingfuckit clips, and just as I'm getting access to the inside to push it out from the inside, I lean inside the car, press down on the top edge in the process, and the bastard dent popped out!

"Oh thanks dad, can I go out in it now?"

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

However it's not under atmospheric pressure inside the canister, hence if you turn them upside down they spray liquid out the valve, spray it into a hessian sack & you get dry ice snow.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

It's all in the wrist action

Reply to
Redwood

I wish they would hurry up and invent the catalytic converter that converts it to carbon monoxide and ozone. I could go into the £0 car tax bracket then.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smith