will it fail MOT because of boken towing eye

hiya everyone does anyone know if my m-reg Clio will fail MOT because the front Towing-eye is broken, and the Airbag light on the dashboard has not worked since i bought the car few months ago. any advice apreciated!

Reply to
simonpentecost

No, neither are mot items.

Reply to
mrcheerful

The message from snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (simonpentecost) contains these words:

No and no..

The airbag light on our Clio shows that the internal battery needs replacing. Apparently it comes on for a few weeks before it finally turns up its toes. Dunno if yours is the same but it's not testable anyway.

Reply to
Guy King

Having tried putting my face into the steering wheel with & without one though it's well worth making sure it works.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

The car will fail if the airbag light is on but from what you are saying it is not illuminating at all. You should be alright with the MOT.

You are unlikely to be alright in an accident though. I would get the airbag problem sorted before you have an accident.

Reply to
Alan

No, airbag lights/faults are not part of the MoT.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Just make sure the towing eye doesn't have a sharp edge to cut pedestrians or MOT inspectors, and you'll be all right.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

I find gaffa tape ideal for removing the sharp edges on bodywork for the MOT!

Reply to
Will Reeve