searching for a mechanic

hello,
I have an ' 82 300 SD and I'm looking for an experienced diesel mechanic in the New York city area. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

in Queens (Flushing) has been caring for it ever since I got it. Totally honest, totally competent, does not gouge on parts or service. Phone is 718-539-5522. His name is Jeff. I have misplaced his card so can't tell you his last name. Give him a call.
Depending on where you are in New York, I live in Jersey City and found an awesome shop close to the Journal Square Path Station that has been working on Mercedes since 1980. It is a family run business. I had been searching for somone to do work on my 1981 380sl. 4 other mechanics could not figure out what was wrong.... This shop knew what was the problem just by the sound of the engine and exhaust. They do mainly mercedes, with some BMWs. They had all original parts in stock! Very reasonable price. G&T Auto Imports. Ask for Simon. Let him know I referred you, and he will go easy on the bill. 201-434-0197 772 Communipaw Avenue Jersey City, NJ 07034 Email me if you have any questions. Chris snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

What do you need done? It makes a difference. Truck diesel places can work on the engine....