Sirius in ML320 - 2002?

I have noticed on the MB web site that you can now order the Sirius radio for the ML350. This seems to have the same MCS unit as my 2002. Would I be
able to get this added on?
Thanks, John
snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.nospam.net
<remove the nospam>
On Mon, 31 May 2004 17:40:49 -0400, "John D. Gray"

you need the Command system, which I don't think you have
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Because of the current email spam attacks my email account is not included, reply via the newsgroups or ask for a valid email address.

be
COMMAND is not offered in U.S. model ML's (since MY2000, they all have the MCS head unit). Sirius is a US-only satellite radio, so it stands to reason that there is a way to connect to the MCS. My guess is that the Sirius connects to the D2B optical interface, but the MCS may require a firmware update to support this new device. I'd check with a reputable dealer to see if it's possible.
--

- RODNEY