SL 600 check light problem

I accidently put way to much "Mystery Oil" in my SL 600 gas tank and sure enough, half a tank later the Check engine light came on. My theory is the
oil in the gas contaminated my oxegon sensor (sensors?) and I am using a gasoline system cleaner to clean them off. Anyone agree with me on this? It has always passed California smog tests with flying colors and I can't believe it is anything else but the oil damage. Do I have to take a clamp off a battery post to turn off the light check engine light in case the sensors are cleaned? Runs great. You can see why i do not want to take it to a dealer cause you know its gonna be a grand no matter what.
Usually you can disconnect your neg clamp. This should recycle your light. Why would you put mystery oil in your gas if your car was running so good. I heard of using mytery oil many years ago but not now with the all the detergents in todays gasoline. I would try to dilute the mystery oil by filling my tank right away, and keeping it full. And yes you are a dealers dream come true. Best rgards and sood luck papa
Thanks a lot.

light.