Rover 600 cracked windscreen.

I've got a crack on the lower left side of my windscreen. I'm on TPFT and I don't think my insurance will cover it. Even if it will, I wouldn't want to lose my 4 years no claims.

Anyone have an inkling as to what it will cost me to replace it? Or, do I have other options? My MOT is due mid Jan. Not sure if it would pass due to the fact that the crack seems to have passed through to the inside. Mind, it doesn't obstruct my driver view.

TIA.

Reply to
Witteryfuchery

AFAIA, as long as the area roughly covered by the drivers w/wiper is clear of cracks, chips etc, it'll pass an MOT. By the sound of it, the crack is well clear. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

About £350 or a few quid from a breakers, one near here says they can fit as well. Most insurers charge a maximum of £50 excess for glass,-mine doesn't charge anything. It doesn't effect ncb. DaveK.

Reply to
davek

Fitting a windscreen on a modern car is a job for a professional. Its an integral part of the structure of the car.

Get a quote from a recognised windscreen firm for fitting only. Don't know if they will play ball but would definitely not use anyone else.

Reply to
sid