SL check engine light

I accidently put way to much "Mystery Oil" in my SL 600 gas tank and sure enough, half a tank later the Check engine light came on. My theory is the oil in the gas contaminated my oxegon sensor (sensors?) and I am using a gasoline system cleaner to clean them off. Anyone agree with me on this? It has always passed California smog tests with flying colors and I can't believe it is anything else but the oil damage. Do I have to take a clamp off a battery post to turn off the light check engine light in case the sensors are cleaned? Runs great. You can see why i do not want to take it to a dealer cause you know its gonna be a grand no matter what.

Reply to
SW

"SW" wrote in news:PXv0h.3832$T_1.510 @newssvr14.news.prodigy.com:

Don't forget the EGR valve also suffered and the carbon blast from the goo- in-the-gas may have stuck to it.

Do yourself a favor, put the Goo in the trash and DON'T BUY ANY MORE CRAP THAT POURS IN THE TANK! They run lots better if you don't put $30/gallon diesel fuel in them....the main ingredient in most products just to get them to burn.

Larry

Reply to
Larry