SL 600 Engine check light

I accidently put way to much "Mystery Oil" in my SL 600 and sure enough, half a tank later the Check engine light came on. My theory is it contaminated my oxegon sensor (sensors?) and I am using gasoline cleaner to clean them off. Anyone agree with me on this? It has always passed California smog tests with flying colors and I can't believe it is anything else. Do I have to take a clamp off a battery post to turn off the light off in case the sensors are cleaned? Runs great. You can see why i do not want to take it to a dealer cause you know its gonna be a grand no matter what.

Reply to
SW

Take it to Autozone - they'll read the OBDII for free so you can get the codes. Post them here. My guess would be that fuel trim sensors are showing an error and might clear after running a through a few tanks of fuel (high octane - and no more Mystery Oil).

Reply to
Josh

Thanks. SW

Reply to