SMART KEY

My wife ran her smart key through the washing machine last night and now it won't start the car. What do I do? The car is a 1999 E320 It will still open and lock doors and trunk so the battery is OK
Is it repairable or do I visit the Dealership??? John
It is NOT repairable. You killed the chip in it. You need a new key.