Smart key/remote starter question

I have a 2000 Taurus. I have been told that if I have a remote starter system added they will put one of the keys with the smart chip in a box under the dash. The question - if this box has a chipped key in it do I need another chipped key for the ignition switch, or can I use any key that fits?

Reply to
Emmit1

Emmit1 opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Copy and paste that whole thing.. Should answer your question

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic