Sprinter Experts?

Hi, Just wondering if there are any Sprinter tech heads on here from the UK? I have a query and all the other forums I try seem to be all yank! Grateful if there is.

Dave wrote:

( according to dictionary.com )
Yank is a synonym for jerk.
Jerk is a synonym for a contemptibly naive, fatuous, foolish, or inconsequential person.
Not that you meant it that way but it's nice to know that you could have.
There seems to be a dearth of Sprinter information in any version of English.
.
Dave wrote:

I'm far from being a Sprinter expert - but instead complaining about other forums I'd strongly suggest you simply ask your question...
...so your question is?
Juergen

Strong suggestion heeded
Would the 2.1ltr engine in my 02 registered Sprinter 413Cdi be classed as "Euro 3" ?
Dave wrote:

That is a question noone can answer here, as it depends on some variables.
To give you a clue I cite the Mercedes-Benz press text from February 2000 for the Sprinter face-lift:
If registered as a truck, the CDI engines fulfil Euro 2 emission limits in accordance with 88/77/EEC, version 96/1/EEC; if the vehicles are registered as passenger cars they all meet the emission limits specified in EU 2 Group III, and the majority conform to the EU 3 Group III limits, depending on the particular model of engine and the rear axle ratio. The CDI engines also meet the levels stipulated in the future Euro 3 Standard, which is now to become law. Euro 3 engines will be available for delivery once homologation proceedings have been concluded in mid-2000. (end of DC press text; can also be found at http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/9323/sprinter2000.htm )
Most of the 129 PS Sprinters from end of 2000 and later here in Germany _do_ have Euro 3 emisions class, but that doesn't mean anything for you and your vehicle...
SO: Any authorized MB dealership should be able to look up the emissions class when you show the the car's papers (VIN) to them. If not, they can contact MB Germany who _definitely_ are able to tell you what was the emissions class ex-factory.
Sorry, but it's just NOT possible to simply answer with _YES_ or _NO_!
Juergen
Dave wrote:

Anybody who can reference a 6 year old press release on an obscure topic is not that far from being an expert.
.
Or very sad... ;-)
DAS
"greek_philosophizer" <greek snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message