Strange AC Problem

I was wondering if someone could help me. When my 380sl is cold in the morning and the AC is on, the air stream from the center vents is strong and cold. However, shortly after the thermostat opens, the airstream warms up and slows to a trickle. In addition, the blower only operates at one speed, but I can't tell whether it's high or low, and I don't hear any clicking sound when I switch between High to Low AC.

Anybody have any ideas what the problem is?

Thanks

Reply to
Don Burkhardt

Perhaps the temperature issue is due to a stuck heater core control valve.

Josh

Reply to
Josh

I agree... it is possible your heater monovalve is bad.... allowing heat in the car.

Reply to
Tiger

Looks like a mono valve according to various MB parts sites (part number R3023-15174). In terms of installation, take a look at

although I'm not sure what model of MB this is.

Josh

Reply to
Josh

Reply to