Touchy Brakes on E55

I recently had the brake booster replaced(dealer diagnosed) on my 99 E55 to correct what I would call spongy brakes. I am comparing this E55 to my 300E braking experience. The 300E brakes are firm, have marginal
travel and actuate the braking force with at a predictable pressure sensitive rate. The 300E has been the best braking car I have ever driven. After the dealer replace the brake booster on the E55, the sponginess is gone only to be replace by a brake grab. I suspect that the brakes on the E55 are simply too powerful. The disks are 13.25 inches in diameter and the calipers are massive. Is there any way to balance the amount of front wheel braking to allow for a smoother application of braking force. I could see an advantage to my brake 'setup' if I was regularly bringing this beast down from a 130MPH. But I'm not. Any suggestions in making this braking system a bit more livable ?
It sounds like the emergency braking is activated every single time... take it back to the dealer and have them fix it. If you recall... if you brake normally, you will get normal response... but with emergency brake assist, which they sense sudden braking characteristic of your foot, will clamp down the brake very hard.

there was a recall letter that I just received the other day from MBUSA
it included 2003-2005 E class and 2003- 2004 SL class
It was for Sensotronic brakes.
it is essentially a software update that takes 2 hours (according to the letter)
MB recall campaign number 2004 050014 Call; 800-367-6372 for more info.
or call the NHTSA auto safety hotline at 888-327-4236
that's the basics...
maybe your car was partially included in this...I know mine wasn't included in the recall earlier this year, but is now named in this recall.