Trunk

I can't get the trunk open on my 1983 240D. The key turns in the lock, but it won't unlatch regardless of whether the button is pushed in or not as I
turn the key. Ideas?
-SP
You might be using the Valet key.
Try the Master key.

but
The key should be @ 7 and 2 o'clock when it is pressed in, is it?

but
The key hole must be horizontal for the lock to unlock... then push in the button... if you feel tension as you push, then the lock is working... try pushing it in while pulling the trunk open.

but
the vacuum solenoid that unlocks the trunk may be faulty. in this case, it's not very easy to get the trunk unlocked.
If it's pneumatic failure there should be an instruction in the manual of how to open the boot lid manually.
DAS