two windows in the front won`t go down.

The drivers windows won`t roll down. I have taken it to the mechanic who said that he has changed the engine/motor of the door and the switch in the console to no help. its a mercedes e200 elegance. The
mirrows too won`t change.Please somebody help!
The console window switches control relays (electric switches) which are the UP and DOWN switches for the window regulators (motors). The relays should be checked.
The same may be true for the mirrors.
Since these switches are on the console, has anyone messed about with the console?? Cut any wires? Poured coffee into it? Get the picture?
A M-B shop should know to check the relays, a non-M-B shop learns to do it and you're paying their tuition.
Check fuse... remove them and inspect it. Then I'd change the relay.
a9yom wrote:

I had a similiar problem in a later model. turned out to be the relay switch(at least that's what the mechanic said)