Windows slipping down

My Cooper S is three months old. On several occasions in the last week, I've gotten into the car and then realized the windows weren't all the way up. I'm pretty sure that I'm not inadvertently leaving them that way--when I close them, I make sure they're up all the way. Has anyone else been having this problem?

Reply to
Harlan Messinger

"It's not a bug - it's a feature!"

You're probably holding the "Unlock" button down too long.

If you press and hold the button the car will wind down the windows (and open the sunroof, if you have it) to vent hot air from the car.

Reply to
John Francis

There is also a known problem, My car goes in tomorrow to get the fix. I think its to do with a bad sensor or something but the windows will open on their own. It has done this twice to me now. Once they dropped an inch and the second time they dropped about half way down while in a carpark!!!

Reply to
Warren

I don't think that's it. When I first read about that feature in the instruction manual, I tried it out, and the windows *didn't* roll down, so I figured they hadn't programmed that one in. But maybe I wasn't doing it right at the time. I'll experiment to see if there's something to that theory.

Reply to
Harlan Messinger

Yes, that was it. Thanks!

Reply to
Harlan Messinger

I had this exact problem with my last car (Audi A4) & it turned out to be the key fob getting pressed by a key etc in my pocket, this drops all the windows if you keep open pressed!!!

Cheers

Nige

Reply to
Nige