Won`t Start

About 6 weeks ago I received an '89 regular cab pick-up 2x4 5.7. My Dad gave it to me. The truck only has 70,000 mies,but the body is shot.

2 day`s ago it wouldn`t start. Cranks over fast,but doesn`t even try to fire.It is getting gas,but before I check the pressure,I`d like to know what it should be while cranking. It has spark,and I have also replaced the fuel filter. Should I check the compression? The plugs look good.Not wet from gas or oil. Any thoughts?

Thanks, Bill

Reply to
Bill

If it is getting fuel, the plugs would be wet. If it turns over and the plugs are not wet, you are not getting gas.

Reply to
Advocate

My mistake. The plugs are wet. What`s the next step?

Reply to
Bill

Reply to
no one

Reply to
Rick

my 89 chevy had similar problem. the ignition control module located in the distributor was bad. had it checked out at local napa store, they had equipment to run check. $ 34.00 let me know how you did. good luck

Reply to
irondog

I put a new timming chain on,along with a tune up. Plugs,wires,fuel filter,cap,rotor. It runs like a dream. I wish the body was good.

Reply to
Bill

Yea... got bit by that bug once myself. I keep an extra one in the truck now. It was a cold walk the last time.

HDS

Reply to
HDS