My son is traveling cross country in his 91 300SE and it died on I-70
with what seemed like charging system symptoms. Towed it to dealer in
Kansas City who replaced rotor and cap and replaced belt and belt
tensioner. They said altenator and battery were OK.
He just got back on the road tonight and it died again about 100 miles
down the road! Anyone have ideas on what these symptoms could be caused
- Car is running fine.
- First sign is radio/cassette acting odd: ejects tape, presets do not
- SRS and ABS lights come on
- Gauge lights go dim
- Engine dies and car coasts to a stop
- Gauge lights seem normal after turning ignition off and then on again
- Some times car will restart but then same thing happens.
( I got all this information second hand from him via his cell phone)
Any and all ideas would be appreciated.