W126 (300SE) - Sun roof

A couple of days ago, the sun roof on my '90 300SE locked in the open (flipped up) position. In hindsight, there had been a few problems with it over the last few weeks - not being able to close properly on the first and sometimes second attempt.

I've had it looked at and have been advised that the LH mechanism needs replacing and that the RH mechanism is likley to pack up at any time. Estimates for fixing the roof are around $AU1,500 - $AU2,000. I've had the roof closed and disabled for the time being.

I would appreciate feedback from any other owners who have had roof problems and comment on the estimated repair bill. From a technical point of view, what parts are involved, what is their cost and what is the labour component involved.

TIA

Reply to
Len