W210 T-Modell Rust on the doors

Hi!
My Dad has a E 430 T (99) which has Rust on the upper doorframes (under the seals). Anybody else who had such a problem? Mercedes is repainting the
doors on waranty, but it is still a little disturbing. He just traded the car in for new E 320 CDI T.Any opinoins on that car? We also have a 1995 E280 T with absolutly no Rust. The W124 were a lot better built in my opinion.....
Niels
Niels Franker wrote:

That is a well-known problem.

Manufacturing flaw - corrected with later W210s so MB fixes it under warranty.

W211? Great car!

It is the second-last year the W124 was built, quality was excellent then, but in the beginning (1985/1986) W124 quality was lousy! I once had a 1985 W124 company car so I know what I speak of... =:-((
Juergen

My yr 2000 E320 cdi rusted around the boot(trunk) lock. The newest models use aluminium.

the