More tire info

I've been shopping around for tires and came up with the following information (US market). I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Some places won't work on tires that have the flat tire sensor. HUH?

For the size tire I'm looking at, there's very little in the way of warrantee.

The stock tire is a 195/55/16. It's been suggested I move up to a

205/50/16. Specifically what does that mean and how might it affect performance?

A local tire chain carries a Toyo performance tire with a "V" rating and a

65000 mile warrantee. $653 installed, taxes, with lifetime balancing. Is this a good price on a good tire?

My current tires have 3mm left on the tread. Am I really down to bare rubber or do I have some time/life left?

Peter

Reply to
Peter

Peter - this has been discussed at length on Mini2.Com. Take a look at the tyre links on the bottom of my homepage.

-- Cheerz - Brownz

Brownz