Front wheel bearings

The front wheel bearings on my cooper sport 500 require changing (not a problem for me to do). I"ve looked in the Moss spares catalogue and it shows a plain washer behind the hub nut.On my mini this is not fitted.I was wondering if it had maybe been left off during manufacture.Does this washer need to be fitted ?Has anyone had the same problem ?Has it caused the bearings to fail ?

Thnx.....Mick from the North East

Reply to
michael

There should be a thrust washer, its like a cone shape with a slot in it, , don't know where moss got the plain washer from, them 13" wheels eat front bearings & hubs too,

Ste.D

Reply to
Steve68s