Adjusting Front Wheel Bearings

Hi,

I'm repacking front wheel bearings on my '90 truck with disc brakes. How do I adjust the bearings? My Chilton manual abruptly ended the topic with no explanation.

Thanks, DG

Reply to
David Glass

If they are simple tapered bearings just adjust the bearing to remove all the play while spinning the wheel. No preload. Back off if you have to in order to insert the cotter pin.

Reply to
tomcas

I document my method on my page:

for a solid front axle, but the wheel bearings are the sameprocedure on IFS.

Reply to
Roger Brown