99 MITS Eclpse RS 60K service

Hi y'all,

I have 99 MITS eclipse RS almost due for the 60K service. I live in the Columbia MD - SilverSpring MD - Ellicott City MD area. Does anyone have suggestions abt a good place where i can get the 60K

  • timing belt replacement done at a good price? Darcars, in silverspring quotes about 00 for both.

Am thinking of getting the waterpump service (whatz done with it - replacement/just servicing?) also along with it. Do i need to be thinking of anything else specifically?

fyi..Car is used only for drive to & from work...gives 30mpg on highways and no problems as such.

TIA de

Reply to
deepeddie

if you're going to have the timing belt changed, then the water pump should be replaced at the same time, as well as the balance shaft belt. I'd have the radiator flushed out at the same time, and an oil change. also have ALL hoses inspected.

Reply to
Eric F
1200 is way too much. Go to a local repair shop. Labor, according to Alldata, is 3.8 hrs. That's if things go bad. I can do it in 2.
Reply to
Nobody U. Know