99 Silverado coming up on 60K

I've never been to dealer for service yet, but figure I should for

60k. Only things i have in mind are plugs and fuel filter, maybe tranny oil. Am I missing anything? Is 60k too early for tranny oil? What about rear diff oil?

I'm going to have them clean throttle assembly too, because it seems to be sticking.

chris

Reply to
chris

look in your manual.... as far as the trans... you should have dropped the pan and changed the filter 2-4 times by now (I don't know your usage of the truck).... twenty bucks for a filter and 5 qts of ATF are cheap insurance towards long trans life. same deal on the rearend.... should have been done 2-4 times by now.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase
60k is about 3-4 times TOO LONG on 'tranny oil' (for Chrissakes, is 'ATF' too hard to type ?)

change it @ 15-18k under 'daily driver' use 12-15 k if you use it to tow infrequently 10-12 if you tow frequently 8-10k if you tow heavy loads often

ATF and filters are cheap compared to a rebuild

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

"Tranny oil" does have a certain ring to it that "ATF" really doesn't. :-)

William The Guesser

Reply to
William R. Walsh