Brake light won't extinguish

I noticed a funny noise comming from the passenger front tire one day so I decided to look at the breaks to see if that was the culpret, and sure enough, the piston side break pad was BROKEN IN HALF!! After replacing all the pads and replacing the rotors (All stock BTW) and bleeding the breaks, now my Brake light doesn't extinguish. I re-bled the breaks thinking that maybe I didn't get all the air out, I checked the master cylinder for proper level, which it is. I have been driving it now for 2 days this way with no problems, I break fine, the peddle isn't spongy or loose, and ABS works like a champ. I am just confused as hell and don't want to take my car to the dealership becuase they will probably tell me I need a new flywheel or gas cap. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Luke

Reply to
Lucas Williams

If you mean the gauge pod Brake problem light, check that the brake master has adequate fluid, or/and the the level sensor is plugged in.

If you mean the rear brake lights, then look at the brake pedal area. a) there's a sensor switch that may need adjusting; and b) there's a long pedal return spring that has to be attatched or the brakes will drag, and likely the brake lights will be on too.

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS