Hmm tasty, a new Supra.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Plus: Hints of 2000GT front end. Some continuity with Mk IV. Minus: It's still not as nicely proportioned as the Mk III widebody, it's a V rather than straight 6, it's probably going to be Very Expensive.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

the black boxy looking thing on the test track looks nothing like the sketched designs - hope that's just cos it's a test car and not how the thing will look when it reaches production.

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

Yeah, but when I can afford one, that won't be an issue either way. either I'll be loaded, or they will be landlord/bouncer price.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

It will have bags and boxes strapped to it to hide the lines. Common way of stealthing a development car.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

The linked sites suggest that the boxy-looking prototype may be a 500bhp V10 Supercar. Either way, the Supra has evolved - from a luxury Celica to a Porsche 911 class sportscar - supercar would be the next level, Tuners have been doing it to them since the Mk III 2.5 TT models, after all.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

And along the way it's gone from being a practical everyday car with lots of space to an utterly useless pure 2 seater. Celica supra had a load bed like an estate and was a full 2+3, it came with a center rear lapbelt not the idiotic useless rear seats like the XK-R and so many other modern 2+2's have that even a 4 year old can't sit in. Then the rot set in though the MK111 to the MKIV that had a boot too shallow to be any use for anything other an ICE install and getting 10" subs in is a real challenge. Going to have to leave it in the garage and use a 309 turbo Diesel or some barge of an MPV to take the kids on summer holiday or go to the supermarket. Can't see any point in buying a really nice car to put in the garage and not enjoy it every day.

Peter Hill

Well, the Mk III does have decent-ish rear seats, but the better rear suspension pushes the boot capacity down, the thick B pillar makes rear seat passengers feel they're in a box, and the wide track (necessary I guess for the double-wishbone suspension) makes it a bugger to park. The last Celica Supra had huge rear windows.

Still, I agree with the point about the nice car, and that's why I'm seriously considering an MG ZT-T 260 for 2006 when my Beetle goes back, unless there is a sudden upturn in the advertising market ;)

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

The Supra won't be a Supra without a nutter turbo version, so heres hoping they dont only make an NA one!

Dan

Reply to
DanTXD

looking forward to seeing this when it's ready to come out!

also there were spy pics of a new MR2, looked like a beefed up MKIII MR2 so i reckon/hope it's a supercharger or turbo'd one :)

Reply to
Vamp