toyota supra

Does anyone know if the Toyota Supra is still being manufactured overseas? I know that it stopped production over here in 1993 and the US in 1999. I love the Toyota supra

Thanks M.Fernandopulle

Reply to
Michael Fernandopulle

i think he means, is the supra still in production NOW, ie, jap market etc.

methinks he's planning an import if so :P and a very nice ride it is too.

-- tim

Reply to
Tim Draper

yeah seen them on import still on basai cars or however they spell it, they sell on autotrader sometimes.

Reply to
Vamp

Is here Australia or UK? The newsgroup uk.rec.cars.modifications suggests here is the UK but your address says Australia. I don't have a clue what they exported to OZ or what you can in get though your compliance regs (varies state by state?).

It was never made in the UK or US. All Supra production was in Japan and they exported a few here and there. They sold the MKIV model from

93 until 96 in the UK and 93-99 in the USA but it continued to be made and sold in Japan until June 2002.
got 5 models UK only had 2.
Useful links depending on where here is.
But Toyota are still supporting Supra's - Japan's GT5000 race series with stonking great 5.2L V8's in them! First Nissan's Z and now Toyota, the writing is on the wall for turbos. USA gets engines for CART and 4.1L V6 Celicas.
Europe gets to race the Yaris! At least in OZ you get to see RX7,350Z, EVO, WRX and Silva going for it head to head in GT PerformanceGroup B with the Nations Cup Group A Supra, Porsche, Ferrari, MustangCobra, Skyline, Masserati and Lotus. The UK British Touring CarChampionships has been rigged by putting big weight penalties on RWDand 4WD so naff nappy wagon and rep mobile FWD's win - UK's premierproduction car class is Group 'E' in OZ. What do u want? "I have even corresponded to a USA owner who was prepared to pay Toyota to make a LHD custom Supra long after the US sales finished. Wouldn?t say how much, but the car was Sapphire Blue with a full white leather interior."
Toyota Japan, offer money!

Peter Hill

No it's as dead as the ZX twin turbo, Skyline GT-R twin turbo, Silvia S15 turbo, 180/200SX S13 turbo, Celica GT4 turbo.

Replacements for any and all of the above are just rumors and a few old concept models. There again a few weeks ago I declared the SAAB convertible dead and the next weekend the tabloid rags and roadside hoardings were suddenly full of the NEW SAAB convertible. What are the chances of anyone producing a 3 door fastback 2+2 [1] turbo with a roofline around 50 inches? I suppose insisting on RWD for a sports coupe would be totally unreasonable?

[1] Genuine 2+2 not just a seat and no leg room so it's only fit for a baby seat like my next door neighbours Jag XK-8. They went to his grandsons christening last week, his daughter had to catch the train.

Peter Hill