oi ronny

you sell you old A4 with the HID installed still? and will the new A4 get the same lighting treatment?

also the new A4 don't look that bad, saw one today but still not keen on that back end! oh and they go alright, had a run in with one the other day, he was putting his foot down a bit and it shifted alright, couldn't lose me MK1 MR2 though :)

Reply to
Vamp

The Xenons m8 are sitting on my desk ready to go in tommorow, its got the space for the ballast as well, I cant wait :)

The back end of mine looks nice cus its got the twin exit exhaust, it looks a bit different, just needs to be colour coded.

Im starting to love having a turbo :) that extra torque is sooo much fun

Reply to
ronny

good good, still waiting for my turbo :( still it should of docked today and so not long to wait now, can't wait to feel that kick in the back the revision 2 MR2 turbo's give!

Reply to
Vamp

Yeah certainly puts a smile on your face, I just cant stop popping out and having a go in it, like a kid with a new toy :) < well it is a new toy lol

Reply to
ronny

What IS going on with that stupid black strip on the rear bumper ?

The Germans have clearly gone backwards ten years - the new Golf GTi has the none-colour-coded strip all the way round, and it's VERY prominent !

Perhaps they're running short of 2Pac in Krautland ?

It's great innit :)

Reply to
Nom

the same lighting

I've never been all too keen on the new shape A4 or newish shape A6 (as in not the very latest model) back end on the saloons, but they are improved

50000% with the lip spoiler - it really does transform them from a bland looking car to quite a decent looking one. Same goes, IMHO, for Carlton Saloons and the MR2 Roadster. Any other additions to this list?

Oh, and Ronny - does yours have the rear lip spoiler? If not, get one! Also, what sort of fuel economy are you getting out of the new one?

Peter

-- "The truth is working in television is not very glamorous at all. I just go home on my own at night and sit alone and eat crisps."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I was going to make some scathing comment about how you were as bad as Dervy on this fuel economy thing. The difference between you and Dervy is of course that you have to ask, Dervman just knows. (c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

The reason I asked is that that was Ronny's reason for getting a newer car (hence him originally considering diesels). Obviously a 1.8 litre 4-pot

180-odd bhp turbo is going to be less juicy than a 2.6 litre V6 on the whole, but driven hard there's going to be bugger all difference between the two. On mainly motorway driving it'd probably be a fair amount better - just wondering what the difference was like in his case.

Peter

-- "The truth is working in television is not very glamorous at all. I just go home on my own at night and sit alone and eat crisps."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

The reason is the car chips to f*ck under there, and even the people who have had it painted say its chipped real bad, the new audi A4's all come painted lowers, it also breaks the car up a bit, but I will be getting it painted asap

Yup :)

Reply to
Ronny

Amen to that brother, you can see what it is really like since they took all the commonwealth games hoardings down.

Mine you, you could cross the canal into the City of Salford, they are painting everything purple, and are even tryingto get the law changed to have double red and double yellow lines within the city changed to double purple lines. Mind you, I expect double gold lines would cost too much, and aren't available at "Elizabeth Duke at Argos" such is the Chavvy nature of the majority of those "proud to be Salford".

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

I drove round ashton under lyme and I went to this other town and was like omg, everything was boarded up and all the girls were like 15 yrs old pushing babies round, I seen 4 of em waiting for a bus

Reply to
Ronny

That sounds pretty much par for the course for a lot of places round here.

Unless you go to places like Lymm, Appleton Thorn, Alderley Edge, Stockton Heath.

Not quite Manchester, but they are where people with varying ammounts of money commute into the city from, all are along the M56/62/6 and within about 40 mins drive in.

Footballers live in Alderley edge, Mega Millionaires live in Lymm and Appleton thorn, and seriously weathly directors live in Stockton Heath.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Manchester or Rochester(1) did you say??

Lost

(1) Rochester seems to have more chav multiple babied 14 year olds than anywhere else ive visited.. (didn't really go much on Manchester.. and the starbucks (2) I went too(there was loads) was a shit hole...)

(2) needed coffee after a heavy night in Jillies.. (I think that's the correct name)

Reply to
Lostin1999

Jillies on Oxford road?

Manchester best non Chav place. Definatley a Chav free zone, even though they wait outside where it is safe.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

yeah I think that's the one..

bet not many peeps have done a 700+ round trip to go clubbing in Jillies!! lmao!!

Lost

Reply to
Lostin1999

Do they still do the all night sessions on Fridays? Good club and great music but they stopped serving alcohol about 2, even though they are (were) open till 7. Plus you couldn't use a cheap day return ticket on the train :-(

Reply to
Comfortably Numb

Got to be about 15 years since I went rock clubbing in Manchester. God I feel old.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Well then they need to either fix their car-design, or paint it properly !

None-body-coloured trim is pretty much illegal on anything none-german, and they manage just fine without chips...

Reply to
Nom

Belive it or not, I actually like it, it sorta breaks up the big slab bumpers as they merge into the wing's now, but you are correct painted lowers look alot better.

Reply to
Ronny