OT: Sony Ericsson P800 unlocking

Just a quickie - I remember a while back a few people on here saying they had a P800 phone - I've just bought one but it needs unlocking - has anyone got the unlocking software for it? Is it small enough to be easily emailed across??

Cheers,

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

nope i got mine done at a local shop, you need a special cable (can't be done through USB) and some software i'm affraid....

Reply to
Vamp

done through USB) and some

Oh - I assumed it'd be possible via the normal USB connection, as surely the special cable would go in the same place, wouldn't it? I also saw a website somewhere that does it via email, just using your serial number - just wondering if anyone might have that (i.e .Ronny - you've got one of these haven't you?).

If not, I'll stop being so tight and pay the £6.50 or whatever it is these people charge - just wondered if someone might help - it'd be worth a pint / burger at the next meet, if and when it happens :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

nope USB cable don't work and it can't be done via IMEI number either as it isn't DCT or whatever it's called. the guy that did mine used a lil device that uses a nokia looking phone (which it isn't) and a cable linking to my sony, the nokia looking thingy generates a code which you imput in the phone and that's it.

it's a send it away job to get done or try a small local shop you'll be surprised.

Reply to
Vamp

it isn't DCT or whatever

(which it isn't) and a cable

imput in the phone and

Ah - earlier I looked on one website (can't remember the name) that claimed to do it remotely, but you've got to buy the special cable for about £15, then they give you a one-use password to use their software and unlock your phone via your newly purchased cable. Rather find a friendly local person to just do it for a fiver (well, probably a tenner).

If anyone knows one in the Berkshire area, get in touch!

Cheers,

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

heres a good site to look on

I got a E700 Samsung m8 not a Sony :(

Ron

Reply to
Ron

Your local market will have a phone dude, and you've surely got a second-hand phone place somewhere nearby ?

Reply to
Nom