Removing Sony XR-3759 from Polo

My wife's Polo had a new battery a couple of days ago, but the Sony XR-3759 is dead. I've pressed the reset button and checked the fuse, but no luck. I'm wondering if an in-line fuse has blown, but can't see how to remove the main unit from the dash to check. We bought the car 18 months ago and while we have all the documentation, we don't have any tool to help remove it.

...And no, I'm not 16 years old in a car park with a brick in my hand.. :)

************************** To email, go to my address and take out the dog...
Reply to
Jim

Okay, not to worry - the car cut out tonight and is now with VW on warranty where we'll get the radio ddone too....

************************** To email, go to my address and take out the dog...
Reply to
Jim

For reference there is a flat slot or two slots on the face of most Sony head units (with the facia removed). A flat bar 1 mm thick, 5 mm wide and 25 mm long is required - feeler gauges usually do the trick or buy the proper thing for about £1 from Halfords etc.

Andy

Reply to
Andrew P