OT: World Cup Song

Not Spam, by the way. I wouldn't be shouting about this if I didn't think this was seriously good.

Just seen in my local paper that a couple of local guys have done a song for the World Cup, and I thought I'd shout about it on here. It's based on The Shamen's 'Ebeneezer Goode', obviously with the lyrics changed to more footie-based ones, and I think it's absolutely bloody fantastic.

Again, no connection, I promise - just seriously impressed with it. I would genuinely say that that could join World in Motion and 3 Lions in the top 3 football anthems of all time (even though the music clearly isn't original).

Listen here:

Or watch the Video here (if you're not reg'd on myspace to see it on there):

-- "For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Anybody got any Vieras?

They've done a good job of that except the "Naughty Rooney very naughy bit" which lets it down. The raps are the best bit but I can imagine the chorus being chanted from the terraces - but I think the fans out there without net connections will have a hard time learning it!

Reply to
fishman

Heh - see your point there.

Aye - the rapping bits have got some absolute gems, and it flows really well, especially the lines leading into the choruses, which IMHO are nothing short of fantastic.

Well they should be ok, as it's on general release on Monday on One Little Indian records, who I think are a big-ish indie label

so they're presumably going to be getting as much radio support as they can, etc etc - it's being released digitally and in those shop things that apparently still exist. which is all good!

-- "For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Cheers, I actually liked that, very slick :)

Reply to
Ronny

Ah to live in Engerlund in the summer time.

Reply to
Elder