Re: Audi TT / Rover 620ti - V Cool or V Uncool ?

I wish i could shake this cold...i need my brain back from the fog behind my eyes....

Phil

Reply to
Phil Howard

isnt, sorry.

Reply to
Theo

Er, I'd have a 75 3.0 V6, personally, and a pocket full of change.

Reply to
Pete M

the 2.0 5 pot Bravo is a fun thing, it's like a VR6 Golf for people who don't wanna be Bling.

Reply to
Pete M

Top posted sig on top posting, it's either dismally Ironic or clever Satire.

Peter Hill

Didn't they do it in a really lovely bright-ish metallic blue? I saw one on ebay ages ago that went for a bloody good price that was definitely a T5-R (AWD) and was in that sort of colour - maybe a special order?

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

The 620ti isn't really cool to people who know nothing about cars, but those with a bit of knowledge see it as a bargain motor, good spec, quick, handling is apparantly a soft point, but then its not sold as a sports car is it? Also, it could be made cool even in boy racers eyes if you whapped at atmo dump valve and some chrome 18's on...

The TT, and this is all just my opinion, is seen as uncool by those in the know because it drives like crap, its not that fast, and it seems to be mainly bought by people who want to park it outside of a wine bar and look cool in soho.

Reply to
Dan405

proportioned

You've got a ti as well? Fuck me, that's three on this group!

More Carlton Estate owners please!

Peter

soon to be auctioning off a Carlton Estate (2L CDX 1993 Manual), and an Omega Estate (1995 / N, Elite, lovely condition inside and out, mistake purchase)

Reply to
AstraVanMan

But it would cost more to run, maintain, and probly more to insure. Plus, they're slow as hell, and if you had one of them you'd get everyone thinking you were the standard older beemer driving tosser :)

Reply to
Dan405

Well surely I've got to win that, I've got a Carlton Estate and an Omega Elite Estate (the latter being a sort of impulse, mistake type purchase).

Peter

P.S. Anyone know any good independent BMW mechanics that don't charge an arm and a leg?

P.P.S. Anyone know if it's possible to adjust / retension a timing chain on the straight 6 BMW diesel in the Omega instead of replacing the whole thing?

P.P.P.S. Anyone know if it's posssible to get the diesel pump (injector pump, whatever it's called) on the aforementioned car tested in situ without spending a fortune?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

i think you are all getting mixed up here they did an 850 T-5 (225 bhp 16" rims) then they did an 850 T5-R (240 bhp 16" rims) and then they did the 850 R (250 bhp 17" 5 spoke black rims or 240 bhp auto versions) these are the ones to go for

Reply to
dojj

I'm sure the one ages ago on ebay was a V70-R (AWD jobbie) - IIRC Jamesy pointed it out so he might remember. Real nice shade of metallic blue.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

It's a full 6 inches longer than a Mondeo.

Are they fk :)

That's a problem with society, not the Rover :(

Reply to
Lordy

But unfortunately a very silly place to put you own money. And then there's the cam belt.............been there, done that, never doing it again - ever.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

No, only the new ones are AWD.

Reply to
Nom

There are more than three, but the others only post VERY rarely !

Reply to
Nom

Why would you bother ? If the chain snaps, then BAD THINGS happen - replace it, don't bodge it.

Reply to
Nom

The interiors LOOK poverty, but you get leather Recaros (unbranded, with adjustable lumbar support), aircon, leccy windows and roof, three-point centre belt in the rear, etc. so they're pretty well equipped.

Fair enough - if you want RWD, then obviously the TI isn't the car for you :) For what it's worth though, it handles the power just fine with the TorSen diff - if you wanna light-up the tyres, you have to do it on purpose.

Reply to
Nom

I looked at quite a few when I was buying mine, and none had any rust. Granted they were all pretty recent examples though - dunno about the older ones.

That's rubbish :) The 600 is well regarded as the best in the range. I have good experience of the 800 - my Parents are currently on their second. The ride and handling isn't a patch on the 600, and there's enough body-roll that lighting up the inside tyre is very easy.

Reply to
Nom

snip

Yeah, it's the rarity that keeps the prices up :-(

Hehe, I bet you thought that about the Sierra at first too...you, more than most, should realise how addictive power is!

Reply to
Jamesy