uk.rec.cars.* meet?

Central London traffic really isn't all that bad any more. But he didn't actually suggest Central London, just somewhere Central And central London wouldn't be much good, as it wouldn't be easy to find a space for us to all park up and have a chat etc.

BTW, I'd be up for it.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Sure, why not.

As you can see from the rest of the replies, location will be a problem. All you can do in these cases is to pick a location yourself and see if anybody can make it, rather than ask where people would meet.

T.

Reply to
Trooper

This is what I feared. I guess most people would do it if it was on their doorstep, but how many would be prepared to travel 200miles for it? As for a geographically central location (north midlands), this would mean me travelling nearly 200 miles as I live in one of the eastern extremities, but I don't have a problem with travelling.

Lucky you. I guess i wasn't a uk.rec.cars.* group - I don't see many ladies here :o)

-- The Dervboy

Reply-to address is valid as required by my news server, but is a spam box and is never read. My real e-mail address is thedervboy{at}btopenglobe{dot}com (substituting "globe" with "world").

Reply to
DervBoy

time to lock the trailer and keep keys at each end of journey...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Indeed. Not much consolation if the mob do not know this though.

To be fair I am going back almost ten years here. I'm sure Glasgow is a wonderful place now. I wouldn't be suprised if it became a European City Of Culture.

Reply to
JR

yay!

we could race around the ring road!

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

My Carina 1.6 doesn't race anywhere.

The preformance is at best 'pedestrian'

Reply to
JR

doh, why does everyone have to live up north :( you could always come down here and do a road rally :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

My newly MOTted Capri can have its first run out for 18 months too.

Reply to
Conor

I live 7 miles away, fancy a pre meet meet? Coach house at mallory for a half of coke ;-)

Matt

Reply to
**-**

I'll have a bit of that I want to do some top speed runs in the Saab

Reply to
**-**

ooohh...make sure you guyz don't forget your nodding dogs

Reply to
Doh

" "

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Camera'd up now :-( (No NIP yet ...)

Reply to
pete boyall

Cos if we didn't, we'd be southern shandy-drinking girls !

No way, it's hella-far !

Reply to
Nom

never had a shandy in my life i'll have you know!

bloody northern monkies!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

doh!

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I call shotgun!

Reply to
Dan405

That's cos it's too expensive :-)

Reply to
Conor

Playing chicken with the speed camera, go on Dervy dare you to push 31.2 mph! :)

Reply to
DervMan