05 Ford Mustang Shaker 1000 and Dead Battery

Howdy, We just bought our first Mustang (05 GT Premium) and it came with the Shaker 1000 upgrade. We have two issues being worked at the dealer and if you've ran across these issues, please post a reply.

  1. The stereo will not stay at a constant volume. We've turned off the "speed volume" but this hasn't fixed the issue.

  1. Something is draining the battery. If the car sits two days, the battery is pretty much dead.

For those of you interested in the Shaker 1000 upgrade, let me pass on a little information to help with your decision. THIS INFORMATION WAS TOLD TO US FROM THE FORD MECHANIC: It takes 45 minutes to diagnose each amp, there are six amps total, and the diagnostic test must run consecutively, in a specific pattern. Each issue with this stereo requires the mechanic to re-start the diagnostic test, which means about 6 hours in the shop for the car owner........ Yesterday the diagnostic test wouldn't go past #3 amp, which required him to restart the diagnostic test two times..

Ford has required our Ford dealership to send in the defective part(s), and they will fix and return them. It took three weeks to get the first two amps repaired (actually Ford said they would repair them, but ended up just sending back new amps). I wonder if it's that hard to keep extra parts on stock at Ford.

This is my first Ford Vehicle, but the rental they have us in right now has a better sounding stereo than our $1,300 upgraded stereo (a stock Chevy Malibu stock stereo).

Reply to
Rick

Is it called the Shaker 1000 now? I thought it was the Mach 1000 and the Shaker was the ram air kit.

Reply to
Fao, Sean

Does your Mustang have one of those dealer installed security systems? My 00 Contour and my 03 Mustang do, and they drain the battery. Took me about three hours to properly remove the POS in my Contour. No more battery problems in that one. Haven't got to the Mustang yet, but I will. The Contour had a real poor installation on the alarm. Was a bear to make right.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Do you have comperssion on?

Are you playing MP3 discs? That's one thing I discovered with MP3s in any player: very variable levels depending on the source CD it was ripped from. This happens in the Shaker 1000, my iPod and a Denon "executive" system here at the Desperation compound (AKA Fortress Of Solitude).

Reply to
Quiet Desperation

I've had no problems with my Shaker 1000. But, if playing MP3's, the volume will change seemingly dependant on how the MP3 file was made. (I'm not up on how that's done, but know they aren't all the same.).

Personally, I'd like to sell the stuff in the trunk 'cause I'm not into the car-shaking bass that some folks are. I'd rather have the room.

Reply to
John H

You may be able to fix that using "volume leveling" on your PC before transferring them or burning them on a disc. A lot of MP3 programs on PCs now have this feature due to that problem.

Reply to
DevilPaul

Thanks, I'll look into that next time I make a disk for the car.

Reply to
John H

Yep, it's called the Shaker 1000 now

Reply to
Rick

Sounds promising. They replaced the Battery on Friday, this didn't change the stereo volume problem, but at least the car starts now.

Reply to
Rick

Compression didn't change anything. We don't play MP3's. It doesn't matter if it's the FM/AM/CD being played. I did find out this morning that when I turn off the "Shaker", my volume stays constant. Thanks for the post.

Reply to
Rick