1966 Ford Mustang Convertible

I'm looking for some advice on a potential mustang purchase. Relevant information is as follows:

Asking Price - $10,600

After 6 years of being idle, car was started last week. Towed the car to garage for brake job and fluid checks

Model Year 66 Engine 6 cylinder- 200 straight in- line Automatic Convertible

Exterior/Interior - Excellent 1) $3000 paint job- original color MG sports green - looks like factory job 2) No scratches or dents 3) Interior excellent condition- no tears, carpet new (matches original pile) 4) Dash - looks like new; I don't know if this is restored or new- 5) No rust- California car, 2nd owner, bought this car in 1971 6) Tires- like new 7) Convertible - new top; looks new; automatic hydraulics works

Mechanical/Engine 1) Original 120,000 miles 2) Engine work never done (runs good after 6 years of non-use ; ran good when started las week) 3) Transmission/ shifts rough after sitting for 6 years 4) New brakes installed last week (1 Sept 06)

Areas that Need attention: 1) Transmission needs to be serviced - shifts rough 2) Engine is original with 120,000 miles.

Downside: 1) No power steering 2) No power brakes

Reply to
yrubio

rubior2

Even in a convertible, a 6 cylinder is an albatross. Personally, I'd give it a pass at that price

Reply to
vince garcia

How old are you? Even with a six cylinder, a nice convertible is a good investment. And from what I've seen, the price is not unreasonable.

Reply to
c m prince

Reply to
rubior2

Have you checked Ebay Motors for similiar prices? That's where I found my wife's nice 68 coupe. I couldn't afford any of the ragtops there.

Reply to
c m prince

Based on your question, I have started scouring the ebay site. So far, I've found two that are very simmilar to the one I am considering buying. Current bids for these two cars range from $12,050 to $9,300.

The main difference between these cars and the one I am considering is the level of reconstruction/restoration. These two cars have had body parts replaced because of rust. The one I am looking at has no rust and all parts are original. Also the car has been in storage for a total of 14 years. I think I am going to pull the trigger on it. Thanks for your advice and help.

c m pr> Have you checked Ebay Motors for similiar prices? That's where I found my

Reply to
rubior2