a hybrid Dissed me...

So yesterday, me and my '68 302 4v Cat come up to a stop light, and next to me is a rich liberal in his new Honda hybrid car, whose license plate reads something like HA SUVS (he also--what a shock--had a KERRY/EDWARDS sticker on his bumper). The guy looks over to me and gives me a look like I'm scum for driving a gas-guzzling, polution-spewing muscle car whose registration and insurance is hundreds of $ less per year than his, and I can tell he thinks he's better than me because he chooses to drop that dough on an egg-shaped POS without so much as an iota of character or taste in design that pollutes less than my REAL car does.

So we pull out and I get ahead of the guy on a single-lane road ahead, and I'm wishing this was 3 years ago, before the engine rebuild, when I could have shifted into neutral, mashed down on the pedal, and buried he and his car in a cloud of asthma-causing, poisonous blue haze that would cause him to choke his Environmentalist lungs out. I couldn't do it, so I contented myself with driving 10-15 MPH under the posted speed limit (I'm sure he appreciated the safety of slow travel), while "SHUT DOWN" blared back at him through my 8 watt stereo.

All the time I'm thinking, "Let's you and me start at the bottom of the Grapevine and we'll see whether that whiny little hybrid of yours can even get halfway up the grade before I'm all the way over!"

I hate politically correct cars...

Reply to
vince garcia

Dude gave you a look & you made a bunch of assumptions & drove like an asshole & wishing it was earlier so you could do worse to him. Interesting.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

Mike, got your panties in a bunch? :-) Lighten up.

Dave

Reply to
Deputy Dog

Not getting enough attention at home aye Vince?

I think that anyone who drives a Hybrid has to have allot of character. Have you ever looked at the interior of one of those little Honda thingamjiggies? They have a verrrryyy cool setup. Easy on the environment, I am told a lot of fun to drive and a little on the ugly side, but they are curing that.

They also get about three times the mileage that you get. According to a guy I talked with one time they will move right on down the road. He said his AVERAGE MPG was about 70. He one time got nearly 90 and that he frequently ran up hwy 99 between Fresno and Sacramento at 80-90 mph.

Now why you felt so compemptious toward this guy, only you can tell. Sure the bumper sticker, but there are signs in everyone's lawn this time of the year spouting political slogans. So?

However your story reminds me of a schoolyard bully. If you don't understand it, beat up on it. Why? Does it intimidate you in some way? You afraid of it? You having a guilt trip over your gas guzzler that you afraid to admit? The guy probably gave you a look because he could tell a jerk when he saw one. So then you drive UNDER the speed limit to antagonize the guy. Seriously... and as stupid as he was, he actually did not take the bait? Shame on him.

You sure showed HIM didn't you! Big bad boy in his Mustang really put him down. Yup, you showed HIM who was the fool.

(Just in case you didn't get it the first time... YOU are the fool)

C'mon, grow up.

Kate And people ask me why I left California.

Reply to
SVTKate

Dude... have a six-pack and watch police chases on SpikeTV, relax a little. You're a little too wound up.

Reply to
Dana Myers

I laugh because my brothers old boss has a Prius and goes on and on about it ad nauseum. Then my brother drives his '64 Marauder to work and his boss gets livid at the

390 4V gas guzzler. My brother only makes it worse when he thanks him for saving gas with his Toyscroata so he has more premium left to burn. hehe StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

see, you have that backwards. You speak as though I pulled up and gave this guy the finger when basically, it's the other way around.

So if i pulled up next to you and glared at you and you were bothered by my rudeness--YOU'D be the one with the problem, not me????

Reply to
vince garcia

Oh as if you wouldn't do the same thing to a stuck up yuppie in a hybrid!

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Did the guy give you the finger? From what I read, he lust LOOKED at you a little funny.

Hell, people glare at me all the time.... must be that ugly stick I got whacked with when I was young.

Damn Vince, you shouldn't let little stuff like that get to you. You never know, they guy could have gone road rage on you and shot holes in you with his politically incorrect semi-auto.

Kate

| > Not getting enough attention at home aye Vince? | >

| > I think that anyone who drives a Hybrid has to have allot of character. | > Have you ever looked at the interior of one of those little Honda | > thingamjiggies? | > They have a verrrryyy cool setup. Easy on the environment, I am told a lot | > of fun to drive and a little on the ugly side, but they are curing that. | >

| > They also get about three times the mileage that you get. According to a guy | > I talked with one time they will move right on down the road. | > He said his AVERAGE MPG was about 70. He one time got nearly 90 and that he | > frequently ran up hwy 99 between Fresno and Sacramento at 80-90 mph. | >

| > Now why you felt so compemptious toward this guy, only you can tell. | | see, you have that backwards. You speak as though I pulled up and gave | this guy the finger when basically, it's the other way around. | | So if i pulled up next to you and glared at you and you were bothered by | my rudeness--YOU'D be the one with the problem, not me????

Reply to
SVTKate

Cool? OMG that is NOT a word that I would use. The guy I know with one has had enormous trouble with his, but it stems more from the lack of knowledge at the dealer than anything. Ehh, with him and his wife in the car, it's "officially" over loaded...

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

She'd get out before the light changed, remove the antenna and shake it at him... ROFL!!

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

I'd moon you if you were driving the hybrid. ;)

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

I've run into people who hate old cars because they've been told that old cars pollute at unacceptable levels. The truth is the greatest amount of environmental harm comes from *BUILDING* the car, not driving it. The longer you keep the car in proper running order, the better for the environment. The pollution from using it is trivial compared to the steel, plastics, etc etc that go into building it in the first place.

You could buy a hybred, or drive your mustang for another decade or three before the pollution equals out.

Reply to
Brent P

you have a point. That's why i didn't glare back. In fact for that very reason, i have a new attitude on incidents like this. Traditionally, being a Californian, when an altercation comes up where words or gestures are exchanged, I'd respond in kind. A while back, tho, a freak on a 10 speed who was operating his bike illegally against traffic, got POed when he felt I passed him too close on my Honda. So he turns around, starts cussing me out, and I respond, and he gives me the finger, etc. Then--as i'm starting to pull away, thinking the exchange is over, he suddenly speeds up and tries to pull me off the bike, which could have caused severe injury. (I almost died 2 years ago when the bike hit a pitbull and I went down, so I know how bad a MC crash can be even at low speed.) At that point, it was pull over and fight (since this was a potentially life-threatening attack, not just a finger sign), or speed away. I can't pull over and get off the machine before he could jump off the 10 speed and push my own bike on top of me and start kicking me, so i wimped out (in his view, i'm sure), and kept going, letting him declare victory.

Couldn't find a cop, but so help me I'd have placed the jerk under citizen's arrest for battery if i could have found one. (they were too busy looking for Mike and his friend, i guess.)

However, from that experience, i've decided to keep my mouth shut, at least.

Reply to
vince garcia

LMAO! Now THAT is funny!

| > So we pull out and I get ahead of the guy on a single-lane road ahead, | > and I'm wishing this was 3 years ago, before the engine rebuild, when I | > could have shifted into neutral, mashed down on the pedal, and buried he | > and his car in a cloud of asthma-causing, poisonous blue haze that would | > cause him to choke his Environmentalist lungs out. I couldn't do it, so | > I contented myself with driving 10-15 MPH under the posted speed limit | > (I'm sure he appreciated the safety of slow travel), while "SHUT DOWN" | > blared back at him through my 8 watt stereo. | >

| > All the time I'm thinking, "Let's you and me start at the bottom of the | > Grapevine and we'll see whether that whiny little hybrid of yours can | > even get halfway up the grade before I'm all the way over!" | >

| > I hate politically correct cars... | |

Reply to
SVTKate

I'd take a picture of THAT and post it for the group LOL!

| > > -Mike | >

| > Oh as if you wouldn't do the same thing to a stuck up yuppie in a | > hybrid! | >

| > -- | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

A long long time ago, when I was still a young Kate, I lived in Anchorage. On my lunch break I decided to run out to a shopping center and pick something up. As would be expected on the return trip I was running a little late. I was behind a guy in an El Camino at a stop light and the light turned green. He was day dreaming so I tapped my horn to wake him up. He shot a look into his rear view mirror and flipped me off.

Naturally, I raced up along side him to give him an evil look and his much deserved come uppance. Somewhere along the line in those few seconds I made a different decision. As I pulled along side him I looked at him and grinned and said "Now??!!" He started laughing, and I started laughing and the whole thing was over with. I really really try to do that these days whenever possible. Make light of the situation that is. I don't always.

Hell, I am a pre-menopausal mother of three with a serious Irish heritage. It's hard as hell because I do NOT like to take shit from anyone.

But on those days when I get it right, it sure keeps my stress level in check.

Kate

"vince garcia" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@ix.netcom.com... | SVTKate wrote: | >

| > Did the guy give you the finger? | > From what I read, he lust LOOKED at you a little funny. | >

| > Hell, people glare at me all the time.... must be that ugly stick I got | > whacked with when I was young. | >

| > Damn Vince, you shouldn't let little stuff like that get to you. | > You never know, they guy could have gone road rage on you and shot holes in | > you with his politically incorrect semi-auto. | >

| > Kate | >

| | you have a point. That's why i didn't glare back. | In fact for that very reason, i have a new attitude on incidents like | this. Traditionally, being a Californian, when an altercation comes up | where words or gestures are exchanged, I'd respond in kind. A while | back, tho, a freak on a 10 speed who was operating his bike illegally | against traffic, got POed when he felt I passed him too close on my | Honda. So he turns around, starts cussing me out, and I respond, and he | gives me the finger, etc. Then--as i'm starting to pull away, thinking | the exchange is over, he suddenly speeds up and tries to pull me off the | bike, which could have caused severe injury. (I almost died 2 years ago | when the bike hit a pitbull and I went down, so I know how bad a MC | crash can be even at low speed.) At that point, it was pull over and | fight (since this was a potentially life-threatening attack, not just a | finger sign), or speed away. I can't pull over and get off the machine | before he could jump off the 10 speed and push my own bike on top of me | and start kicking me, so i wimped out (in his view, i'm sure), and kept | going, letting him declare victory. | | Couldn't find a cop, but so help me I'd have placed the jerk under | citizen's arrest for battery if i could have found one. (they were too | busy looking for Mike and his friend, i guess.) | | However, from that experience, i've decided to keep my mouth shut, at | least.

Reply to
SVTKate

Hell, if I had THAT much time, I'd have whacked him with it. LOL

| >>Not getting enough attention at home aye Vince? | >>

| >>I think that anyone who drives a Hybrid has to have allot of character. | >>Have you ever looked at the interior of one of those little Honda | >>thingamjiggies? | >>They have a verrrryyy cool setup. Easy on the environment, I am told a lot | >>of fun to drive and a little on the ugly side, but they are curing that. | >>

| >>They also get about three times the mileage that you get. According to a guy | >>I talked with one time they will move right on down the road. | >>He said his AVERAGE MPG was about 70. He one time got nearly 90 and that he | >>frequently ran up hwy 99 between Fresno and Sacramento at 80-90 mph. | >>

| >>Now why you felt so compemptious toward this guy, only you can tell. | >

| > see, you have that backwards. You speak as though I pulled up and gave | > this guy the finger when basically, it's the other way around. | >

| > So if i pulled up next to you and glared at you and you were bothered by | > my rudeness--YOU'D be the one with the problem, not me???? | | | She'd get out before the light changed, remove the antenna and | shake it at him... ROFL!! | | -- |

Reply to
SVTKate

"67RMOD" spewed

*snipped for clarity* | And I hate shitheads like you. Get a life, asshole.

Isn't THIS the pot calling the kettle black? Vince may have been a little off level, but YOU are the real piece of work in this post. I think you are a couple of drumsticks short of a picnic there bud.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

ah, but your posts prove you're still young at heart. That's what counts. Good story, tho!

Reply to
vince garcia