351C 4V engine markings

My 351C 4V has a "square" block and the head is stamped "4 dot". What is the difference between the "4" stamp and "4 dot"? Also the "D" block vs. "square" block.

mike

Reply to
goodnigh

The 4 dots indicate the more robust 4 bolt main shaft in the Cleveland engine, I do believe...From a conversation I heard in a shop once, so I may be mistaken.

Actually, I thought I was mistaken once, but I was in error...lol

Reply to
Lazimodo

All Clevelands were set up for four bolt mains although the majority were not drilled and tapped. Heard that somewhere. It really does not matter unless I do something crazy like put on a charger or blower :) Already talking about installing a ram air since the hood appears to be ready for it, just cut a hole.

Reply to
goodnigh