About Tungsten...

Anyone have a line on him? I can't remember what his bulletin board is that he runs.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Nevermind....

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

yeah, its been a while since he showed his face in here. Anyway, I guess you got it, but it is

Erik D. '94 white lightning

2.3Sleeper wrote:
Reply to
Erik D.

Hey Don... hey everyone else. ;-)

Sorry, I seem to have this really bad habit of popping in and out of here at random intervals and not really sticking with it as regularly as I used to. Been really busy as of late.

Yeah,

is the site you were searching for. It is amazing how quickly the community has grown. It's been online for almost two years now and we've hit 1000 users at least twice in that time frame. I say "twice" because I tend to cull the membership records periodically and delete people who haven't shown up in a while.

Sort of like how I'd be deleted from RAMFM if it were possible to do so. Heh.

Anyway, I know Lynn and Polar hang out of there on occasion so the rest of you can feel free to join in as well. It started as a way for the Nashville auto enthusiasts to hang out and then evolved into a Tennessee state-wide thing and now pretty much represents folks from all over the place. Weird.

Might as well give my regular status report since I'm here!

Still working at the same digs as ever. It's a steady job with a great pay check so I can't complain -- even though there are often long stretches of time that I just watch the paint peel. I've become sort of like the Maytag repairman; my servers hardly ever break so I just look for things to occupy my time.

Thank God for the Internet!

Still have the 1998 GT and it's still as slow as ever. I hit a wall with my mods about 8-10 months ago when all of the medical bills from my daughter's illness started to land on our doorstep. Discretionary funds for "fun stuff" just dried up and went away. That will be resolved shortly, I hope, so I will once again resume playing with the car.

I've not yet converted it to a 5-speed and rather doubt that I will at this point. I have almost all of the parts to do so, but will likely sell them off and fund my other idea instead. Namely, going to throw a higher stall torque converter in there, install a line lock, maybe replace the Transgo kit with a pro-built valve body from someone like Lentech and then focus on forced induction.

I'm thinking "single turbo" but not exactly sure what time will bring. I've had a few chances to pick up low mileage shortblocks with which to start building a bullet proof bottom end for such a project, but just haven't had the desire to get into it yet. There's always that lucrative idea of throwing in an entire '03 Cobra drivetrain and removing all badging from the car.

Wife and I have decided that we want to take another swipe at parenthood so that may happen sometime in the next 6-12 months. Neither of us are getting any younger and that empty nursery across the hallway has started to feel a little more empty this year than last. Of course, that may mean the GT goes back on hold again!

Finally, just bid farewell to my grandfather last week. He passed away suddenly and unexpectedly at the young age of 79. The guy was strong as an ox and twice as active as most people half his age. He went in his sleep, most likely because of some new medication he'd been put on for his blood pressure. Not sure what is going to come of that or if the family is even going to pursue action against the doctor who prescribed it.

So that's pretty much it from the Tungsten front. Anything new and exciting happening here? I'll dig through some of the more recent threads and try to catch up on things...

Reply to
Tungsten