DIY Mustang Convertible installation - Am I Crazy?

I am considering installing my own vinyl convertible top on my 87 Mustang, I found instructional DVD's so I figure that can get me past the part that is not intuitive.

- Am I crazy? Has anyone done this and care to share their experience?

- Any advice on the manufacturer?

Reply to
gantone1

A friend of mine redid his Miata. IIRC, he didn't say the job was too difficult -- though he took his time and spent a weekend completing the job.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOp

Well, it would be far beyond anything I would try myself......but then I'm all thumbs and no patience.

Can tell you that several years ago I needed a new top for an '86......my friendly local dealer quote $3500+.......so I went to a local trim shop that I've used to do seats on my old cars.........they did it for $960 out-the-door....it looks factory new........and they told me that they do them for the friendly local dealer. For $960, I wouldn't attempt myself (because I'd destroy it).

Reply to
Itsfrom Click