Drone-Free Mufflers?

Interesting.......Does the back pressure change the resonance?

Reply to
GILL

shape and volume of muffler cause the resonance (include the connecting pipes too, more of the front one)

Muffler has a spring in it!

DynoMax Valve Technology Mufflers feature an exclusive, precisely calibrated internal valve that redirects exhaust flow, during cruising conditions, to provide Drone-Free PerformanceT. Hammer the gas and the valve automatically adjusts for maximum exhaust flow, delivering on-demand performance and a deep, throaty drone-free sound.

still very loud, 1/2 of it is a glass pack.

Reply to
Baron

Another short lived gadget. I do not see moving spring loaded muffler parts dependable lasting a long time. Plus how much throttle will it take to "turn the tunes on" ? Now a electric motor / actuator valve would be another story. You would have a loud / quiet switch. I'll just live with the Pypes violators I'm running now.

Reply to
Repairman