Found a 03 Mach 1

Hey Guys found a 03 Mach 1 hardtop today in town locally at a dealership. car is white, all options, and only 3200 miles on it. thinking about this one hard, price is 21,750 asking. Seems a little high but not overly so,in my opinion what's the groups opinion problem is between Insurance and car payment, I'm not sure I can afford it. Ins. is $7.16 for 6 months and car note is an even 360.00 a month. anyone heard any problems with these cars? what's the HP rating for this model..? comments, suggestions,

Reply to
Defiant

It's not a bad price with that mileage and if it's essentially unmodified, meaning it doesn't have racing slicks. :)

The usual squeaks and so forth plus an annoying tick in one of the heads. There's a TSB on it and Ford will fix the problem by replacing the head.

320 hp but it's underrated. The 4V on the Mach 1 is a beast.

If you can afford it get the Mach 1, I guarantee you you won't regret it.

Sarah

Reply to
Sarah Czepiel

oh no, the guy that owned this car was a Older man who got it as a play toy on sundays. He died recently and his widow traded the car.

Ins. is $716.00 for 6 months and car note is an even 360.00 a month.

replace the head.. dam that's drastic. but you know yesterday when i first cranked it i though, i thought i heard a strange noise for just a haf sec there. sounded like passenger side but i just thoght it was from sitting on the lot for a few days.

well were working on it but i'm just not sure if i can stand another car note right now. Do you have one?

Reply to
Defiant

A car note? No. An 04 Mach 1, yes. :)

Reply to
Sarah Czepiel

Only TSB I've heard about was for the shaker hood scoop.

Actually they're rated 305 hp.

2003 Azure Blue Mach 1
Reply to
me

dealership.

whats up with the scoop?

same as a 05 GT isn't it.

Reply to
Defiant

It can rattle, especially after being removed. TBS was procedure to remove it correctly and for improved mounts. Only problem I've had was with the paint on the hood peeling. Ford has repainted it twice under warranty so far. I've been told that the hoods are not made by Ford and some don't get prepped right before painting.

The 05 is 300 hp, but does it on 87 octane, Mach1's call for 91 octane.

2003 Azure Blue Mach 1
Reply to
me

2-21-13 is the one referencing the head problem.
Reply to
Sarah Czepiel

Sorry, brain fart time. TSB is 3-11-4 Jun03

Reply to
Sarah Czepiel

Since I'm not a member, I'll have to take your word for it. I think this is the TSB your referring to:

*** MUSTANG COBRA - TICK NOISE FROM ENGINE (Possible Mach1)
2003 Azure Blue Mach 1
me

Actually this is the one your referring to:

like it covers about all Ford, Lincoln & Mercury 1992 - 2003

2003 Azure Blue Mach 1
me

I refer you to the Mach 1 Registry forums

for detailed information on the car, as well as owner experiences with typical problems.

T>Hey Guys found a 03 Mach 1 hardtop today in town locally at a dealership.

Reply to
Tony Alonso