Question: Putting a 6 speed in an '03 Mach 1

I've got a 2003 Mach 1 with a 5 speed.

I note that the Cobras have a 6 speed.

Is it basically a bolt-in, seamless procedure to put a 6 speed in? Some trans bolt pattern? Drive shaft the same length? Electrical connections the same?

Please advise.

Reply to
LR

You should go to

and ask the question. Everyone one that site is a Mach 1 fanatic and many of them have done some extraordinary mods to their Machs. A friendly bunch who do their best to answer questions and make recommendations.

My guess is that it will bolt right up to the block, but might require a different driveshaft. My Mach is an auto, so I can't check it for you.

Reply to
Mustang_66

It might be a bolt in project, but my guess (without looking into it) is you would have to spend in the neighborhood of $2500.00 for the transmission first...

Reply to
351CJ

LR,

Like Mustang_66 said go to the Mach 1 Registry, go to the forums, and ask "Tomcat 427" he put a 6-speed in his car he can give you all the info you need.

Ron Turner '03 Mach 1 '69 Mach 1

Reply to
Ron Turner