How to disconnect speedometer cable in a 69 Mustang?

I am removing the instrument cluster on a 69 Mustang to do some restoration work. I have all the screws out and the wiring harness disconnected, does anyone know how to disconnect the speedometer cable from the back of the speedometer?

Reply to
Steve

unscrew the nut

Reply to
veegerNO SPAM

Or in 1971 at least, you just pinch the white plastic clip and slide it out...

Reply to
My Names Nobody

wrote

It's clipped in on a '69. The clip is white and you have to find the tab to push while you slip it off the back of the speedo.

Reply to
Blue Mesteno