Hunt for low cost 04 GT

Found a 40th anniversary with leather seats, it's a 5 speed. $19,435, no traction control. I was looking for white or silver:(

I'm starting to understand how this works. If the dealer has the car over

120 days the deal gets very good. I'm finding discounted Cobra's, but they are still too expensive.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

A Cobra expensive?! Try to turn a GT into a Cobra on your own and see how expensive it really is. For a true driver's machine, the Cobra is a bargain.

Reply to
Iggy

It's just that whole driving-it-in-the-salt thing that makes me shy away...

I'd posted about picking up an '04GT as a daily driver for year-round use here in SW PA. I could get a Mach 1... or trade my current '97 Cobra (which doesn't see snow now that it's in my ownership, not sure about previous) in for a new Cobra... but.. I don't know. I may go non-Mustang for my next driver. My current beater is an '89 Probe GT...

Anyone know where I can get a good deal on an RX-8? ;-)

JS

Reply to
JS

I paid $19,600 in Feb. for an 5 spd 04 GT Deluxe and that's with a 3k rebate. Sounds like $19,435 for a premium is a sweet deal!! Knowing the rebate has been cut to a 1 or 2k the deal gets even better. One question, when you say 40th anniversary, do you mean the 04 in general or the 40th anniversary package? If you are referring to the Crimson red 40th anniversary package GT and can pick it up for 19k, seal the deal NOW! That's a STEAL!!!!

Jeff Foglietta

1967 Pontiac GTO 2004 Mustang GT

Reply to
Jeff

It's Crimson with gold stripes a 40th anniversary special, has leather but with out traction control. I offered $18,500 and they are not biting yet. They might not. They have indicated they will take $19,000. Plus all the BS doc fees, tax and license. I also found a silver with medium graphite leather, traction control and 4 wheel anti locks for about the same money. It's in Vegas and the dealer has 157 new Mustangs on his lot:) He claims to have two with AC delete:) I also found a smoking deal on a silver SVT convertible. They would like to lease it but need to unload it. They have three. One white one crimson and the vert.

Al

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Sounds like you hit dealer lotto!! Here in NY the 40th anniversary option is no longer available but when it was they were getting 22k for it with the rebate which is the lowest price I was able to get from them. Pretty much the dealer invoice price minus the rebate. Couldn't get any lower. I waited too long and just like that, it was gone and so was the production run so I couldn't even order one. Nice find!!! 19k is a sweet deal for that car. Good luck with whatever you pick up!!